UNH line up !!!

Talk about all other Rhody teams, from Baseball to Indoor Track.
Hal Kopp
Art Stephenson

UNH line up !!!

Unread post by Hal Kopp »

Know how anxious board members are for this:

New Hampshire at Rhode Island
09/24/2016
01:00 PM (EST) 507
508 New Hampshire
Rhode Island -20 -120
+20 -120 Over 47 -120
Under 47 -120

Made a score last weekend as Rams covered vs. Harvard.
With Mroz under center,smart money leaning towards Rhody as mortal lock.

HK
"When you need to know"
0 x
rhodyfan3
ARD

Re: UNH line up !!!

Unread post by rhodyfan3 »

UNH 1-2 on the season so far.
0-2 on the road, 1-0 at home
Lost a close one to Dartmouth last week 22-21

Hopefully we can stay competitive and make a game out of this one.
MRoz starting at QB, hopefully we can put some points on the board early and keep the defense off the field a little bit.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

What was UNH favored over Dartmouth by?
0 x
Hal Kopp
Art Stephenson

Ramster-UNH was getting a +3 against Dartmouth-should have won.
Covering was a joke.
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

I still smile when I see the term "smart money" with URI.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Haha yeah, "smart money" doesn't even know that there is a UNH/URI game this weekend.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Just look at what he was claiming in the Kansas thread.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Line still at 20. So much for that smart money mortal lock.

HK
When you need to know something I made up that has no basis in reality
0 x
Hal Kopp
Art Stephenson

Rhowdy-no,you need to dig deeper-they had to charge an extra 10% (below) to play on Rhody as so much $$ came in on Rams,they had to try and slow it down.

$60.00 $50.00 9/24/16 1:00pm College Extra Football 508 Rhode Island +20 -120* vs New Hampshire
Not my preferred way of doing it,but I took the house down last week. The books do not do enough research on FCS,so they increase the charge,instead of adjusting the line.
BTW,Did you buy a raffle ticket?

HK
"When you need to know"
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

No, why would I? Last I heard, the fifth quarter club wanted to raise money to put up plaques in the locker room, while Meade Stadium falls down. In addition I find the fifth quarter club pretty useless. They should be putting in work, monetarily and politically to get Meade fixed but that would distract them from tailgating.

URI baseball on the other hand runs a similar raffle and their goal is to add lights and stands to the field, you know things that would actually help. This is in addition to all the other improvements they've worked towards in the last decade or so. They're a group that has a proven track record of getting things done and have a real vision for what still needs to be done making them far more worthy of my money then the fifth quarter club.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Living so close by...had what seemed like a great plan. Go to the Tilted Barn around 2ish...and if rhody was still close, pop over to catch the last quarter of the football game. And there we were, 4th quarter, within a touchdown.

We drive over, and while climbing up the inside of the bleachers...touchdown UNH. Sit down...and one or two plays after the kickoff, Rhody fumbles, UNH scoops it up and runs it in for another TD...and outta there we were. May have set a record for least amount of time spent at a live sporting event....

I wonder if they didn't drop the program already and just not tell the players and staff? You know...like that guy in Office Space? (Milton?)
0 x
GansettRam74
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by GansettRam74 »

It's just down right pathetic! I just went to pick up my son who was there with some of his football teammates for youth football day. Was a little surprised it was close but just like previous poster, bam, in a blink of an eye it's a blowout.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Impressive stuff.

0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I told my wife this morning that I'd go to the URI football game while she went shopping with her BFF.

"God, you're a sucker for punishment," she said.

Alas, she was right.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
860_rhody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by 860_rhody »

Get rid of the program.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Getting chills watching the end of the Florida Tennessee game and I have no love for the Vols and it makes me sad. I understand we'll never have anything on that scale, but I remember how much fun 2001 was and I don't know if and when we'll even see that again.
0 x
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Unread post by OBRAM »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:No, why would I? Last I heard, the fifth quarter club wanted to raise money to put up plaques in the locker room, while Meade Stadium falls down. In addition I find the fifth quarter club pretty useless. They should be putting in work, monetarily and politically to get Meade fixed but that would distract them from tailgating.

URI baseball on the other hand runs a similar raffle and their goal is to add lights and stands to the field, you know things that would actually help. This is in addition to all the other improvements they've worked towards in the last decade or so. They're a group that has a proven track record of getting things done and have a real vision for what still needs to be done making them far more worthy of my money then the fifth quarter club.
I think former 5th Qtr club members had plans for rebuild of Meade over 10 years ago. They can't do it without URI Admin support. 5th Qtr club support was instrumental to rebuild the West Stands(RyanCenter), money was never allocated when Ryan Center was built to do the rebuild after the concrete stands were torn down.
0 x
Rhodysk
ARD

Unread post by Rhodysk »

Seems odd that after all these years Rhody goes back to the east stands. Last time thery were over there was when Rizzi coached his 1 season.

Could they have moved to that side to try to get "bosters" pay for new stands? Seem to work when they got the west stands built against the Ryan center?

It's sad and not fair to the players or coaches but no one should give that program any money until the administration comes out with a plan. And I WAS a long time season ticket holder.
0 x
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Unread post by OBRAM »

We have the worst football facilities, maybe in all FCS, and maybe into Div 2 and 3.
I am glad our Chem, Pharma and soon to be Engineering facilities are moving up fast.
Too bad we can't have an outdoor track, baseball stands, and something that looks like a football stadium that is no
jammed next to Ryan Center.
0 x
rhodywins
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by rhodywins »

I keep hearing that we are getting close to 5000 attendance for the games. Where do they sit. We had good coverage on the news I watched last night with a good amount of video. It showed the West (RYAN) stands a number of times and they were empty. Could not have been more than 200 showing. Earlier video showed the band walking into an almost empty stadium. What is the truth,? Are the numbers true or does everyone sit in the old metal stands. It looked bad on TV.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Yesterday's attendance was 3676
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

rhodywins wrote:I keep hearing that we are getting close to 5000 attendance for the games. Where do they sit. We had good coverage on the news I watched last night with a good amount of video. It showed the West (RYAN) stands a number of times and they were empty. Could not have been more than 200 showing. Earlier video showed the band walking into an almost empty stadium. What is the truth,? Are the numbers true or does everyone sit in the old metal stands. It looked bad on TV.
I didn't think TV cameras were allowed in there? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
rhodywins wrote:I keep hearing that we are getting close to 5000 attendance for the games. Where do they sit. We had good coverage on the news I watched last night with a good amount of video. It showed the West (RYAN) stands a number of times and they were empty. Could not have been more than 200 showing. Earlier video showed the band walking into an almost empty stadium. What is the truth,? Are the numbers true or does everyone sit in the old metal stands. It looked bad on TV.
I didn't think TV cameras were allowed in there? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They can show it, as long as it comes with an "R" rating.
0 x
neil
Art Stephenson

Unread post by neil »

Watching the game at Cambridge, my biggest concern was watching the clock tick fast enough so we wouldn't lose by fifty. Against UNH we played much better, but we can not stop a team on third down, fumbling into the end zone a sure touchdown, and catching a pass turning up field with no one ahead of you and tripping over your own feet won't cut it. Beat Brown!
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I'vE seen them twice in person and the Harvard game on TV. Frankly, I don't see them winning a game this season. There are a few individuals who show promise, but overall I see too many mdental mistakes, uninspired play calling, and weak defense.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!