URI vs. KU line up!!

Talk about all other Rhody teams, from Baseball to Indoor Track.
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Re: URI vs. KU line up!!

Unread post by Bos8 »

What helps Umass is they are FBS. FCS games don't count towards Bowl eligibility. They may not factor into rankings either, not 100% sure.
I too was surprised they didn't give Vazzano a look, just to at least get him some game experience. I guess with the Read Option game plan, he didn't factor in as much. I thought McKoy did a good job of making reads in the running game, but he really struggled throwing the ball. Height may have played a factor. With the size of Kansas Defensive line, he had to have trouble seeing over the line. Not to mention the passes he had batted down at the line of scrimmage.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

How did the smart money do ?
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

There was no "smart money", Hal Kopp made all that crap up and it was proven he did.

HK when you need to know stuff that has no basis in reality
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

KU just scored again, I think against what ESPN refers to as: The Football Championship Subdivision bottom-dweller
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

First game but I did like the throws from our qb, he can scramble well but way off target.
0 x
GO RAMS
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

To win a game like this you need to do what Maine did against UConn -- no turnovers. Fleming needs to prove that he can coach a team that doesn't continuously shoot itself in the foot.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhodymob05 wrote:First game but I did like the throws from our qb, he can scramble well but way off target.
Not sure I follow this? what is there to like about a throw that is way off?
0 x
susie
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by susie »

i think he ment to say he didnt . i hope
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Iggy1979 wrote:To win a game like this you need to do what Maine did against UConn -- no turnovers. Fleming needs to prove that he can coach a team that doesn't continuously shoot itself in the foot.
AMEN
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
Rhodymob05 wrote:First game but I did like the throws from our qb, he can scramble well but way off target.
Not sure I follow this? what is there to like about a throw that is way off?
but I didn't********* lol definitely a typo.
0 x
GO RAMS
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

I didn't think Fleming was the answer to turning this program around when they hired him.

Starting year 3, looks more and more like I was right. I know I'm no expert when it comes to evaluating football coaches either.

If URI wants to get serious about getting better at football, they are going to have to hire somebody GOOD away from another program, and pay him accordingly [and his staff also].

It all comes down to money, it always does. Hiring a staff on the cheap isn't going to get it done.

That plus facility improvements as we all know of course. I doubt URI will be able to get better coaching talent until some of this is either done, or in progress.

Trying to put the cart before the horse won't work.

At least we had the RC for basketball before Hurley was hired. He never would have come here without at least that in place.

What kind of commitment is this admin doing for football? All talk so far.......
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

P.S. New grass for Meade and practice facility has been done.

It's a start, but not enough yet to move the needle. Not even close.......
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

I agree we need more coaching and facility improvements but let's wait until we play an FCS team to judge year 3.
0 x
GO RAMS
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Saturday will answer a lot of questions.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

rambone 78 wrote:
If URI wants to get serious about getting better at football, they are going to have to hire somebody GOOD away from another program, and pay him accordingly [and his staff also].
I don't think Fleming is the problem. It is hard to judge a coach when he is running his program with one arm tied behind his back. Unless there is a commitment to the program in the form of upgraded facilities and amenities, who the coach is will be secondary. I am hoping he can make the program at least competitive, but anything beyond that is probably a reach considering the current state of things.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Hal Kopp
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Hal Kopp »

What does it say to and about the other QBs not playing?
Internal competition =depth.
Imagine being on the bench/sidelines and watching that debacle?
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

TruePoint wrote:
rambone 78 wrote:
I don't think Fleming is the problem. It is hard to judge a coach when he is running his program with one arm tied behind his back. Unless there is a commitment to the program in the form of upgraded facilities and amenities, who the coach is will be secondary. I am hoping he can make the program at least competitive, but anything beyond that is probably a reach considering the current state of things.
I will give Fleming the benefit of the doubt if and when he makes the team competitive. The lack of resources will keep them from winning the conference, but it shouldn't keep them from being competitive, and that hasn't happened yet.
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Not sure anyone needs any more "URI football is not very good" evidence, but Kansas got rocked at home by Ohio on Saturday.
0 x