2 Football Players Arrested after Chi Phi Fight

Talk about all other Rhody teams, from Baseball to Indoor Track.
wakefield
Steve Chubin

2 Football Players Arrested after Chi Phi Fight

Unread post by wakefield »

2 URI football players arrested, 5 under investigation after fight

http://www.providencejournal.com/articl ... /151009658
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Re: URI Football 2015

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

wakefield wrote:2 URI football players arrested, 5 under investigation after fight

http://www.providencejournal.com/article/20151005/NEWS/151009658/-1/breaking_ajax
Unfortunately this might warrant its own thread, it seems like the kind of thing that could have some big time repercussions. Pretty much the last thing the program needed at this point.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Re: 2 Football Players Arrested after Chi Phi Fight

Unread post by bressler3south »

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! URI FOOTBALL FINALLY MAKES HEADLINES!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS A LOT, IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Bye bye Rhody football, bye bye!

Apologies to the long lost Vegas poster himself, Reef......
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

I guess we won't be favored this week.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

So far it looks like freshman offensive lineman Michael LeBlanc has been permanently dismissed from the team. Freshman defensive lineman Barrett Lyons and freshman defensive end Nate Pauls have been suspended indefinitely and four unknown players are suspended for the Delaware game. The two defensive lineman don't appear to have any stats recorded this year.

This is just terrible anyway and obviously these seven can't be held responsible for something that happened in the 90's, but talk about horrible optics considering the prior fraternity fight.
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

I don't care if they were Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, or effin' Seniors, Super-duper-stars or not! This is not the way to represent The University, period. The only news the State of Rhode Island enjoys about URI is negative.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

I might be ready to finally say time to drop scholarship football and drop the sport to D 3. Our facilities are in line with a D3 program.

This could end up being the kicker ....

Castleton, Plymouth State etc would be good company.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

D3? Try high school. Actually many high schools have better facilities, when it comes to stadiums especially.

Meade is a disgrace.

My ex-stepdaughter's old high school Montville not too long ago spent $5 million on a new turf field, lights, and stands, and is MUCH nicer than Meade.....
0 x
rhodywins
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by rhodywins »

This behavior has been going on for the last 25 years. It is the main reason the students do not follow football. The team (not all members) have been crashing parties and showing the tough guy attitude for years. Most of the Rhody athletes are well thought of on campus (esp. The BB team) while the FB team has been a problem. I have 2 kids that played sports at URI and they have mentioned this often.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

If you can't beat the opponents beat your fellow classmates. Nice.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Damnit, football team.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

rambone 78 wrote:D3? Try high school. Actually many high schools have better facilities, when it comes to stadiums especially.

Meade is a disgrace.

My ex-stepdaughter's old high school Montville not too long ago spent $5 million on a new turf field, lights, and stands, and is MUCH nicer than Meade.....
Rambone78 I mentioned Castleton because you would have to see their facility to believe it....brand new stadium, spectacular. Obviously multi purpose, all the Castleton State field sports play there.

Facility wise we would be out of our D3 league playing there vs. Meade.

Not even close.

If this story continues to blow up D3 might not even be possible....which is unfortunate as the non scholarship football team could be something our school could embrace and there are many quality D3 programs in NE that we could associate with.

We might even win a game or two......
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Like you said, even at the D3 level we're outclassed by some.

Anyway, Meade with it's unsafe East stands, no lights, and patchy grass surface is absolutely unacceptable at the CAA or really any other level in college....

Play club football, and move up in hockey.
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

HERE IS A HEADLINE TO BE CELEBRATED:

http://www.golocalprov.com/business/uri ... l-research

But no, negative football thuggery….
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Nice facilities for Castleton.....D3, really.......
0 x
GansettRam74
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by GansettRam74 »

Almost twenty years later history repeats itself. Something really needs to be decided with this program. It's been treading water for eons and a decision needs to be made one way or another. All in or all out. No more of this treading bs. The teams best two wins in the last 20yrs just might be vs Theta Delt & Chi Phi.

http://www.nytimes.com/1996/10/18/sport ... rnity.html
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

hrstrat57 wrote:I might be ready to finally say time to drop scholarship football and drop the sport to D 3. Our facilities are in line with a D3 program.

I'm pretty sure this isn't possible. If you're D1 in sports, you must be in all sports including football. Hockey is one of the few exceptions where you can compete at a different level from the rest of your athletic department. We could attempt to move to a lower FCS conference, or drop the sport, but we can't move it down a level unless we moved all sports down with it.
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Agreed, RR. I think the "move down" idea should be eliminated from people's list of ideas. Either stay where they're at and invest in it, or drop it completely. I don't think there's a third option.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

According to WPRI channel 12 Barrett Lyons has gone from suspended indefinitely to permanently removed from the football team.
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Yep, BK had that as well.

0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

RhowdyRam02 wrote:
hrstrat57 wrote:I might be ready to finally say time to drop scholarship football and drop the sport to D 3. Our facilities are in line with a D3 program.

I'm pretty sure this isn't possible. If you're D1 in sports, you must be in all sports including football. Hockey is one of the few exceptions where you can compete at a different level from the rest of your athletic department. We could attempt to move to a lower FCS conference, or drop the sport, but we can't move it down a level unless we moved all sports down with it.
If we will require awarding of scholarship $$$ going forward with no D3 option then kill it. Pull the plug forfeit out the season and kill it.

Spend the money on sports where we can win.

I have had enough.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

You know things are bad when people who were in favor of keeping football are now saying drop it.

There is some talent on the team [Cooper especially] but woefully little overall.

It's rapidly approaching decision time. It's Dooley's call. How much longer does he wait?

The status quo is unacceptable, especially after this latest incident.

I really doubt URI is going to throw big money at this program to save it.

There are other programs that could use some of those scholarships.
0 x
Ramblinrose
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Ramblinrose »

This football team as thugs business has been going on for years ... busting heads at parties. Hey, guys. Your program sucks. Your not good enough for D1, and you should be happy you conned someone into giving you a free ride. Students would make fun of you, if they knew the team actually existed.
0 x
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Unread post by OBRAM »

Seems to me, the same people year after year, saying the same thing with there own agenda. Drop football and put the money into Hockey, as if that would save any money since URI does not have a D1 hockey rink and would not win for years and years, and that really I think hockey would be a hard draw for fans which would compete with basketball fans, and as if hockey players never get into trouble.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Obram, URI [and the football program] need to start giving people reasons to KEEP the program, not get rid of it.

So far, what? Nothing. What have they got, a couple of wide receivers and a running back?

And a bunch of thugs?

It's not going to continue much longer, that I can be sure of.......
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

OBRAM wrote:Seems to me, the same people year after year, saying the same thing with there own agenda. Drop football and put the money into Hockey, as if that would save any money since URI does not have a D1 hockey rink and would not win for years and years, and that really I think hockey would be a hard draw for fans which would compete with basketball fans, and as if hockey players never get into trouble.
I've tried to avoid all hockey talk and limit what I say about football this year to avoid the fights from last year, but your post is completely and totally false. We have a D1 hockey rink right now. It would be top of the line in the Atlantic and it would be middle of the pack in the ECAC. In football we have stands that are going to get people killed sooner rather then later. Also hockey would save money due to lower scholarship needs. A huge amount of money. We can actually recruit local talent for hockey, as opposed to football which is an embarrassment to the university on every level year after year. And anyone that knows anything about sports knows that hockey fans and basketball fans are almost different species of humans. Hockey doesn't compete with basketball, they're already not going to basketball games. They're going to PBruins, other college and high school games. That would be URI hockey's competition, not URI basketball. But other then being wrong on everything you said, great post!
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

bressler3south wrote:HERE IS A HEADLINE TO BE CELEBRATED:

http://www.golocalprov.com/business/uri ... l-research

But no, negative football thuggery….
Did this make the projo?
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

RhowdyRam02 wrote:Also hockey would save money due to lower scholarship needs. A huge amount of money.
Being that it's been reported that football "only" costs URI $500K a year, I'm not sure this is true. Also, URI football recoups a huge chunk of change every year with buy games. Do they do buy games in college hockey? (Serious question - I have no idea)
0 x
rhodywins
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by rhodywins »

The $500,000 amount is very questionable. A scholarship is a seat that can be filled by another athletic scholarship student or a paying student.
Stealing a quote from the original comment about this-
"What about scholarships, you ask? URI awards the equivalent of 58 full scholarships worth about $2.3 million to football players, Bjorn said. He agreed that even without a football program, the university would probably use that money for financial aid, unless it wanted to reduce expenses or enrollment."
Hockey or a few scholarships for other sports could use the 2.8 million that football is now using. We have a President that is sports minded so maybe he could be convinced to use a lot of the money saved to better the total athletic program. A turf field and new track at Meade could be paid off in a very short time by using the money saved from football and replacing the wooding stands with a newer much smaller amount of seating.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

We have plenty of other threads for hockey talk. (I am a big URI needs D1 hockey guy )

This thread should stay about football IMHO, this is too big a story with too much at stake for the university.
0 x
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Unread post by OBRAM »

rambone 78 wrote:Obram, URI [and the football program] need to start giving people reasons to KEEP the program, not get rid of it.

So far, what? Nothing. What have they got, a couple of wide receivers and a running back?

And a bunch of thugs?

It's not going to continue much longer, that I can be sure of.......
You are painting with a very wide brush. I did not know our football payers that did bone marrow donations were Thugs.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

SmartyBarrett wrote:
RhowdyRam02 wrote:Also hockey would save money due to lower scholarship needs. A huge amount of money.
Being that it's been reported that football "only" costs URI $500K a year, I'm not sure this is true. Also, URI football recoups a huge chunk of change every year with buy games. Do they do buy games in college hockey? (Serious question - I have no idea)
It's absolutely true. Football doesn't cost $500k a year, it LOSES $500K a year and that number is already lowered because of the buy game money.

Now for how hockey would save money let's first look at scholarships. Football has 58 scholarships at $2.3 million or $39,655.17 per scholarship. NCAA D1 hockey has a maximum of 18 scholarships you can give, so using the same per scholarship funding as football, that means it would cost $713,793.06 to award maximum scholarships in hockey, for a savings of $1,586,206.94.

But of course, it's not just expenditures you have to look at, but also revenue. This year football is estimated to bring in $200,000 in donations, $150,000 in ticket sales and $400,000 from the Syracuse game for a total of $750,000. So even if hockey couldn't sell tickets, couldn't do buy games and brought in no donations we would still save $836,209.94 by having a D1 hockey team over our current crappy de facto D2 football program.

And of course we know hockey will bring in revenue. By playing in a conference we would receive revenue from said conference. I don't know the exact mechanisms for funding now with it a club sport, but the club sport website says "The Club Sports program is partially funded through student activity fees. Additional funding is derived from membership dues, fund-raising events and activities, as well as alumni gifts and corporate contributions." So that means revenues currently captured by ticket sales would now be going to the athletic department instead of staying in the club sport domain. And we know hockey people contribute a lot of money. Much of the money for Mackal Field House was actually donated for a new on campus arena, but when Mackal died that money was diverted to the field house project. Brad Boss donated money for our current arena. The club team already survives on donations, again that's revenue that would move from club sports to the athletic department.

So we can save the athletic department approximately a million dollars by getting rid of our crappy de facto D2 football team who shows no signs of improvement and needs an investment of at least $20 million to have a shot of being average and instead we could have a D1 hockey program that already has a proper on campus facility and has a shot of being a winning program.
0 x
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Unread post by OBRAM »

I just checked Brown and PC to see the local talent that they have on their rosters from RI.
Only 1 from PC.
So, If PC is not recruiting Rhode Islanders, then I would think to be competitive URI would have to do the same.

Bryan Lemos

FR F
5-10/185 East Providence, R.I.
1. Hockey would not have local talent to be competitive.
2. To build a Hockey Arena like Quinnipiac has, and that only seats 3,400 for hockey would cost $30 Million.
Quinnipiac built a Hockey rink and Basketball Court next to each other, for ($59.1 million in 2015 dollars[2])
for comparisons UNH arena holds Capacity: 6,501, UMaine arena holds over 5,000.

I think Hockey unfortunately would end up being like football, subpar facilities, underfunded. UNH has an Olympic size rink. If you want a rink that is they way
to go. Hockey on an Olympic rink is better to watch.

Lose football and you would not have a popular fall sport, no Homecoming, lose touch with Alumni that comes long distances in the Fall for a weekend trip.
Last edited by OBRAM 8 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

URI as a whole gets most of their students from New England, NY, and NJ. Hockey hot beds.

Brad Boss Arena already seats 2500 and it was designed for easy expansion. It's already right in line with Quinnipiac and other ECAC schools. PC just won a national championship playing out of a 3,030 seat arena. So your $30 million number is typical OBRAM, pulling stuff out of your ass, flinging it against a wall and hoping something sticks. But just like always when discussing hockey you're completely and totally out of your element and nothing sticks.
0 x
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NHRamFan »

Many non BCS schools have made the difficult decision to cut a major sport over the years, and focus resources on their more successful programs. Vermont dropped football; BU dropped football; PC dropped baseball; UNH dropped baseball; etc. etc. It's time. URI football is circled as a sure win by CAA opponents. Time for URI to make its own difficult decision....
0 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

NHRamFan wrote:Many non BCS schools have made the difficult decision to cut a major sport over the years, and focus resources on their more successful programs. Vermont dropped football; BU dropped football; PC dropped baseball; UNH dropped baseball; etc. etc. It's time. URI football is circled as a sure win by CAA opponents. Time for URI to make its own difficult decision....

You're right, we should strive to be more like Vermont and BU. Those are successful programs with national level athletic departments. No thank you, I'd prefer to watch football on Saturday with crowds of 6,316 people (Maine last year), 7,210 people (New Hampshire last year) and 6,351 (Albany).
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

RhowdyRam02 wrote:URI as a whole gets most of their students from New England, NY, and NJ. Hockey hot beds.

Brad Boss Arena already seats 2500 and it was designed for easy expansion. It's already right in line with Quinnipiac and other ECAC schools. PC just won a national championship playing out of a 3,030 seat arena. So your $30 million number is typical OBRAM, pulling stuff out of your ass, flinging it against a wall and hoping something sticks. But just like always when discussing hockey you're completely and totally out of your element and nothing sticks.
Your colorful language leaves me, well, obviously you're not a visual thinker…...
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Most local high school hockey players who are D1 caliber usually head to Junior hockey before college.....pc and Brown don't get many RI'ers....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Dre3000
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Dre3000 »

Anyone know the Title IX ramifications of dropping football? Seems to me that would force the athletic dept to decrease the number of women athletes or am I missing something? I also agree with OBRAM, not sure we'd be much better at hockey than we are at football. As a new program we would have an uphill battle recruiting against the well established programs of the northeast IMO.
0 x
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

Can we please stop with the Hockey talk. It's not going to happen. No one gives a crap about Hockey. A school without a football team good or bad is a school with a second tier athletic program.

Now that BBALL is in great shape. I think Rambone has set a new record with we're DOOMED posts on football. Bone has anyone ever told you you you repeat repeat yourself yourself.

GO RHODY!
0 x
Dre3000
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Dre3000 »

Hahaha no matter what we'd like to think of ourselves as, URI is already a second tier athletic program at best. Arguably a third tier if your elite BCS programs are first tier, subpar BCS team's second tier and top non BCS-teams third
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Dre3000 wrote:Anyone know the Title IX ramifications of dropping football? Seems to me that would force the athletic dept to decrease the number of women athletes or am I missing something? I also agree with OBRAM, not sure we'd be much better at hockey than we are at football. As a new program we would have an uphill battle recruiting against the well established programs of the northeast IMO.
Usually because of football, you have to worry far more about the number of female athletes to balance that sport, since there isn't really a natural female-focused sport to balance it out. (Softball and baseball kind of cancel out, men's and women's tennis, men's and women's hockey, etc.) So, removing it probably doesn't effect the Title IX ledger at all.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: Brad Boss Arena already seats 2500 and it was designed for easy expansion. It's already right in line with Quinnipiac and other ECAC schools.

Comparing Boss to Quinnipiac's arena is downright ignorant. It is part of a combined (separate venues) facility named the TD Banknorth Sportscenter for both basketball and hockey. It has a basketball arena on one side and hockey rink on the other. In between these spaces are the concessions and restrooms which are for used by both. The hockey venue (see photo below) has a capacity of 3,386, which is all chairback seating that ENTIRELY surrounds the ice. It also has a University Club section at one corner which overlooks the ice (see top center of photo).

Boss Arena is 2,500 seat bleacher (on 3 sides of the ice) facility with little amenities and comforts. It does not even have seating along the entire length of one of the sidelines. It is in no way comparable to the venue at Quinnipiac. Boss Arena is probably well below par for the ECAC as well. It unfortunately is more comparable at this time to Atlantic Hockey arenas. If URI were to play D1 hockey at Boss, it would not be all that different than playing D1 football at Meade. Either way, each facility would be near the bottom.

TD Banknorth Arena Hockey Rink at Quinnipiac

Boss Arena at URI
0 x
Dre3000
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Dre3000 »

SGreenwell wrote: Usually because of football, you have to worry far more about the number of female athletes to balance that sport, since there isn't really a natural female-focused sport to balance it out. (Softball and baseball kind of cancel out, men's and women's tennis, men's and women's hockey, etc.) So, removing it probably doesn't effect the Title IX ledger at all.
Wouldn't Swim and Dive, and Women's Rowing then count? Since there is no male counterpart to either of those sports?
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

RF1 wrote:
RhowdyRam02 wrote: Brad Boss Arena already seats 2500 and it was designed for easy expansion. It's already right in line with Quinnipiac and other ECAC schools.

Comparing Boss to Quinnipiac's arena is downright ignorant. It is part of a combined (separate venues) facility named the TD Banknorth Sportscenter for both basketball and hockey. It has a basketball arena on one side and hockey rink on the other. In between these spaces are the concessions and restrooms which are for used by both. The hockey venue (see photo below) has a capacity of 3,386, which is all chairback seating that ENTIRELY surrounds the ice. It also has a University Club section at one corner which overlooks the ice (see top center of photo).

Boss Arena is 2,500 seat bleacher (on 3 sides of the ice) facility with little amenities and comforts. It does not even have seating along the entire length of one of the sidelines. It is in no way comparable to the venue at Quinnipiac. Boss Arena is probably well below par for the ECAC as well. It unfortunately is more comparable at this time to Atlantic Hockey arenas. If URI were to play D1 hockey at Boss, it would not be all that different than playing D1 football at Meade. Either way, each facility would be near the bottom.
What's ignorant is having no reading comprehension skills, attention to detail, and creating false arguments to try and create a "gotcha" post. If you read OBRAM's original post you would have seen he was clearly focused on seating capacity of arenas, which is why his UNH and Maine citations are in the original post. It's also why what you quoted deals exclusively with capacity and why the part about PC and Schneider Arena that you cut from the quote deals exclusively with capacity and how it has seemingly no effect on the ability to win at the highest level of college hockey. You'd also notice that OBRAM edited his post 21 minutes after mine when I proved his argument about capacity to be a complete and total joke in an attempt to move the goalposts.

In regards to your comparisons between Quinnipiac and Boss Arena, they're almost entirely irrelevant and/or already addressed. How is the presence of a basketball arena as part of the facility relevant when we already have the Ryan Center? Answer, it's not. You cite the fact that Boss Arena doesn't have seating along one side, but that was already addressed when I pointed out Boss Arena was built in a way such that expansion would be easy and affordable if we ended up having a D1 hockey program. So another irrelevant argument on your end. You also mention that Boss Arena only has bleacher seats. Again, not sure how that's relevant. Just off the top of my head I know that Yost Ice Arena, home of Michigan, one of the most storied programs in college hockey, also has bleacher seating. But apparently we need to have a facility better than a nine time national champion.

Finally you make the argument that Boss Arena is comparable to Meade Stadium. You state, "If URI were to play D1 hockey at Boss, it would not be all that different than playing D1 football at Meade." This couldn't be more false. Meade Stadium has already been condemned once, is currently unsafe and is in no way a viable football stadium at the level we play at. Boss Arena is still relatively new, in fantastic shape and is completely viable for Atlantic or ECAC conference play.

This has really become far too typical from the football or die posters on here. The fact is the program has been dead for over a decade and anytime someone dares to point that out you try and shout them down. You do the same whenever someone shows how the athletic department would be significantly better off moving in another direction. The history, the current situation and the future are not on your side, so you're left with no other tactics but to make up "facts", constantly move the goalposts, and make arguments that are not in any way relevant to the current situation.

Make no mistake, anyone that continues to advocate for URI football only has the best interests of their own Saturdays in mind and not the best interests of the University of Rhode Island or the URI athletic department in mind.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Bos8 wrote:
NHRamFan wrote:Many non BCS schools have made the difficult decision to cut a major sport over the years, and focus resources on their more successful programs. Vermont dropped football; BU dropped football; PC dropped baseball; UNH dropped baseball; etc. etc. It's time. URI football is circled as a sure win by CAA opponents. Time for URI to make its own difficult decision....

You're right, we should strive to be more like Vermont and BU. Those are successful programs with national level athletic departments. No thank you, I'd prefer to watch football on Saturday with crowds of 6,316 people (Maine last year), 7,210 people (New Hampshire last year) and 6,351 (Albany).
I'm sure Vermont and BU really want to strive to be like URI, what with our shitty football team that can't beat non scholarship teams (Brown and Harvard), and get blown out by schools that offer scholarships but not as many as we do (Central Connecticut last year). But hey, at least our players can beat up on some frat bros, am I right?
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

brady1 wrote:Can we please stop with the Hockey talk. It's not going to happen. No one gives a crap about Hockey. A school without a football team good or bad is a school with a second tier athletic program.
So PC, the reigning national champion in hockey and two time NCAA tournament participant is worse than us because of our football program? How about Xavier who has gone to 13 tournaments since our last one with 4 trips to the Sweet Sixteen and two trips to the Elite Eight in that time? Are they worse then us because they don't have football and we get our asses kicked every Saturday? How about Gonzaga who has been to the tournament every year since 1999 with 4 trips to the Sweet Sixteen and two trips to the Elite Eight? Do you think they miss having a terrible FCS program?

You can say all you want that no one gives a crap about hockey, and you might even be right. But no one cares about FCS football either. And the presence, or lack thereof, of a football team does not determine the state of an athletic department. The ability of your sports to do well is what determines that. And our second biggest program is a total and complete joke.
0 x