2 Football Players Arrested after Chi Phi Fight

Talk about all other Rhody teams, from Baseball to Indoor Track.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Re: 2 Football Players Arrested after Chi Phi Fight

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Bos8 wrote:
RhowdyRam02 wrote:You refuse to answer the question because I've proved you wrong, sport. And nobody anywhere in the world cares about de facto division two football.
Nobody cares about de facto division two football? You must not have turned on ESPN today, as they were broadcasting live from what must be a de facto division two school. Do they even broadcast college hockey? I can't wait for that top 5 match up of Nebraska-Omaha vs Minnesota- Duluth!!!
They were broadcasting a TV show live. Not a game, a TV show. Even if you want to count that as some feather in the cap of FCS, which is a stretch because it was a pregame show and not a game, college hockey has had significantly bigger special events. 74,544 watched Michigan at Michigan St. in 2001 and 104,173 watched the return game at Michigan in 2010 which the most well attended hockey game in the history of the world. 3 of the top 10 most attended hockey games in the world are actually college games, something FCS can't say in regard to football.

And yes, ESPN broadcasts hockey games. And I'm sure the world is on edge for a potential Jacksonville St.-Chatanooga game.
Last edited by RhowdyRam02 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

bigappleram wrote:The national champion hockey team plays in front of 3,000 people
URI football routinely plays for 6-7,000
If they won they would draw 10-12K consistently
People like football
PC hockey drew 44,907 fans to home games last year. URI football drew 26,583. Clearly the people of RI love their football way more then hockey.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

TruePoint wrote:
Bos8 wrote:
RhowdyRam02 wrote:You refuse to answer the question because I've proved you wrong, sport. And nobody anywhere in the world cares about de facto division two football.
Nobody cares about de facto division two football? You must not have turned on ESPN today, as they were broadcasting live from what must be a de facto division two school. Do they even broadcast college hockey? I can't wait for that top 5 match up of Nebraska-Omaha vs Minnesota- Duluth!!!
Don't forget UMass-Brockton or whatever.
Yeah, cause Portland St. football games really captivate the sporting community.
0 x