Monmouth Announces $15 Million Upgrade to Kessler Field

Talk about all other Rhody teams, from Baseball to Indoor Track.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: Monmouth Announces $15 Million Upgrade to Kessler Field

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Not sure we're in the same financial league here:
Monmouth Cost of Attendance $47,938
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Unread post by OBRAM »

We have almost 3 times the number of students they have.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

UAlbany cost of attendance is less than URI, they have a slightly smaller undergrad enrollment, and they just built a new stadium and have plans to enlarge it.

UNH just started renovation of its stadium which should be ready in 2016.

Why is it that there are always excuses why things can't be done at URI? Do other schools not also face obstacles? Aren't other states stingy in their support of public higher ed (hello NH)? Why is that things get done elsewhere and not in Kingston? Why are URI supporters so easily willing to accept less?
0 x
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Unread post by OBRAM »

That sums it up perfectly.
I wonder what the Harvard people will think when they see the East Stands? How can we not have an outside track , or Stands at the baseball field. Is the administration to worried about a Projo article saying URI spend money on athletics? RI College built 1. a performance Center(URI had to raise money privately for 8 years for our new weight training center), 2. baseball Stands (Private donor put in the field turf at URI), 3. outside track and 4. Tennis courts (URI had to raise money privately for the Tennis courts) all in the last 15 years RICollege did this.
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

OBRAM wrote:That sums it up perfectly.
I wonder what the Harvard people will think when they see the East Stands? How can we not have an outside track , or Stands at the baseball field. Is the administration to worried about a Projo article saying URI spend money on athletics? RI College built 1. a performance Center(URI had to raise money privately for 8 years for our new weight training center), 2. baseball Stands (Private donor put in the field turf at URI), 3. outside track and 4. Tennis courts (URI had to raise money privately for the Tennis courts) all in the last 15 years RICollege did this.
RIC did a lot AFTER their gym burned to the ground.
What would it take for the East Barely Stands to collapse?
This is Rhode Island, if ya know what I mean…..
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Hey....I know a guy.....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

Ramulous wrote:Hey....I know a guy.....
We ALL know a guy. OURSELVES!!!!!

Sell the privilege of a controlled-dynamiting the East Barely Stands for, say, $100 a pop, make a party out of it. You'd get lots of folks to participate.

Student discounts, of course...
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Even NEC programs are upgrading their facilities....even if we were to downgrade again [ain't happening] our facilities would be substandard at even that level....

It's either shit or get off the pot....all upgrades are on hold pending a decision to keep football or shut it down.....

If keep, then upgrades will happen....if not, well you know the answer to that......

Lights and turf are first on the list, then practice facilities next, then new East stands....eventually....all dependent on yay or nay.....

The guys at the top know major upgrades have to happen if football stays....duh
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

i was at Robert Morris for a game a few years ago. Not a huge stadium, but modern and very nice, with a large parking/tailgating area. URI needs to renovate the entire facility, period, no matter what conference they play in.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

If that is really the order of priority and the East stands are truly last on their to do list then I've never been more sour on our administration's ability to fix the program. Lights and turf are totally unnecessary at this stage and the very definition of putting lipstick on a pig. Better practice facilities are important but there is nothing more important then fixing the unsafe East stands.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

In the interest of safety it would be shocking to me if they couldn't get something done.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry