URI Baseball 2015

Talk about all other Rhody teams, from Baseball to Indoor Track.
runninrams5
Steve Chubin

Re: URI Baseball 2015

Unread post by runninrams5 »

Brad Applin closes the door Rhody wins 4-3, they take on VCU in an hour
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Surprised no one else has spoken after the loss to VCU.
Rhody fails to win the A-10 tournament for now a million times in a row.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

PeterRamTime wrote:Surprised no one else has spoken after the loss to VCU.
Rhody fails to win the A-10 tournament for now a million times in a row.

This season however was a step back in the right direction. Very few saw this coming.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

A very good season for the team......let us look at the positive
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

Bryant was on the Channel 10 news last night about losing in the NEC baseball finals, also in the Journal this morning. No mention of URI. Is this on us, or just failure by the local media to recognize us?
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

0 x
rhodyrob
Michael Andersen

Unread post by rhodyrob »

I believe that it is on the pr dept. at URI. It seems like the sports at rhody other than bb and fb are not pushed the way other schools in RI are. The news and the projo either hate us or are not getting the info forwarded to them. I think it is the latter.
0 x
neil
Art Stephenson

Unread post by neil »

Similar to the men's soccer team, the baseball team came back after a poor year and went further than most expected. Looking for both teams to continue on their road to excellence next year.
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

SmartyBarrett wrote:
Don't know if anyone else had noticed, as I had first read about this in GoLocalProv. I did find the release in the "Baseball News" section of Rhody Athletics when I backtracked……

http://www.gorhody.com/sports/m-basebl/ ... 051973jpaa

It'd be nice to see this stuff elsewhere, more mainstream media…..

Anyway, congratulations to the baseball team for a job well done, and good luck to all five seniors who graduated and went out on a winning-note, and to those returning next season who wish to build upon success…..
0 x
jmck
Lamar Odom

Unread post by jmck »

I see VCU made it to the Super Regional.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

GansettRam74 wrote: 9 years ago Foster didn't leave Rhody because he knew the team was in decline. Foster left because he was about to be "told" to leave. Per some of his older former players now coaching in the area, he left on not so good terms. Apparently URI received many complaints the past few years about his methods of trying to get points across shall we say to players and URI got tired of it! I was also told that he is being partially to blame by the family of the player who passed away. One former player mentioned a lawsuit but didn't know for sure. What no one can figure out is why URI didn't completley distance themselves from the Foster regimen completly and hired Cerrato. My son love the team and goes to their games so I hope Cerrato can right the ship.
With the latest Northwestern news, certainly makes you wonder what was going on at URI under Foster, both in general and specifically with Joseph Ciancola.

"Ciancola’s mother told reporters that her son had died of heat stroke and that his body temperature spiked to 107 degrees following the workout, which occurred while Foster was the head coach at the school.

She later sued the school and a settlement was reached in the case in 2016."

https://sports.yahoo.com/northwestern-b ... 21061.html
https://below104.org/project/joeys-story/

It also always felt weird that he would leave URI as a manager to be the associate manager at Boston College. According to wikipedia he still had three years on his contract here and the Boston College coach was on the hot seat
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Really the first half of the first page is interesting reading with what we know about the Northwestern situation
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines