Independent - Trainer out at URI

Talk about all other Rhody teams, from Baseball to Indoor Track.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Independent - Trainer out at URI

Unread post by SGreenwell »

0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Re: Independent - Trainer out at URI

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Meanwhile, the ProJo reported:

<crickets>
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
rhodyfan3
ARD

Unread post by rhodyfan3 »

I think this move and the move to fire Baron, have shown that Thorr is not okay with mediocrity. He is willing to make the moves that put us in the best position to be competitive.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

rhodyfan3 wrote:I think this move and the move to fire Baron, have shown that Thorr is not okay with mediocrity. He is willing to make the moves that put us in the best position to be competitive.
Let's hope he has other resources in mind to elevate the football program. Getting another coach won't solve the program's problems without additional support.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
rhodyfan3
ARD

Unread post by rhodyfan3 »

Rhody74 wrote:
rhodyfan3 wrote:I think this move and the move to fire Baron, have shown that Thorr is not okay with mediocrity. He is willing to make the moves that put us in the best position to be competitive.
Let's hope he has other resources in mind to elevate the football program. Getting another coach won't solve the program's problems without additional support.
Absolutely right. I think the plans to elevate the program will come after they find their coach. Like RhodyRudder has said, THINK BIG!
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Trainer is a class guy. Wish it had worked out better, but after so many years and so many losses the program had to go in another direction.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

I feel bad for whoever is the football coach at URI. The coach will never have a chance if the school continues to treat the football program as is. A real and substantial monetary commitment is required to turn things around. This commitment includes large capital project investments as well as greatly increased operating expenditures.
Last edited by RF1 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Unread post by OBRAM »

Well, Joe can't take all the blame, as RF1 states. I wish him well. It will be interesting to see who is next, and if even minor facility improvement can occur. Lights (even temp lights), field turf on practice or Meade.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Agree with everything said here:
1. Thorr moved quickly
2. Joe is a nice guy
3. They need more than just a new coach.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."