FOOTBALL: Game #6 - Brown 31, Rhody 14

Talk about all other Rhody teams, from Baseball to Indoor Track.
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

FOOTBALL: Game #6 - Brown 31, Rhody 14

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

I opted for the Sox game on tv.
Would like to hear impressions from witnesses.
Obviously a 75-yard run on the game's first play was bad.
Looks like Brown shredded the defense.
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Re: Brown 31, Rhody 14

Unread post by STC »

Showed up the for the second half (didn't want to pay admission to watch us lose). Was very unimpressed by what I saw. Granted URI was already down 17-7 when I showed up but the team just seemed lifeless and uninspired. Honestly, Thorr seemed more into the game than the players who were actually playing!

The offense left a lot to be desired. Outside of QB keepers they couldn't move the ball at all. Questionable decision making only served to dig Rhody a deeper hole. For example URI was backed up at their own 3 to start a drive and instead of checking down to a wide open running back in the flat, Bentsen chucked a bomb into double coverage for an easy interception.

I also thought there was questionable play calling in the 4th when URI was driving down 24-7. On 3rd and 7 from about the 20 they ran it up the gut, then on 4th and 2, URI chucked up a fade route in the endzone?!?! Why!!!!

This was my first URI football game since 2011 and my expectations weren't high. I was impressed with the amount of Rhody fans in the building. Shows this fan base has a pulse even with the current state of URI football.

Also, did anyone else run into the cheerleaders around Providence today? Was out picking up my laundry and a bunch of cheerleaders were out selling shirts. Naturally I bought one.
0 x
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Re: Brown 31, Rhody 14

Unread post by OBRAM »

After Justin Semmes(RB) got hurt URI was all done, he is their best offensive player. URI was down 10-7 and I felt they had the momentum, and were driving inside Brown territory in 2nd qtr.
That was a turning point, soon after the Brown QB killed URI on these bootleg roll outs and sideline passes, over and over. Defense was just on the field to much, and URI did not seem to have any short passing game.
Is it me, or is that one of the worst fields around. The turf seems to come up very easy at Brown Stadium, it rained on Friday and I don't think the field drains well.

Browns video scoreboard is very good. Actually, I think I could almost watch the game and see more from the video scoreboard than from the visitors side, maybe because the glare of the Temp lights , or because at Brown Stadium you sit back pretty far from the field since there is a track.
0 x
Hal Kopp
Art Stephenson

Re: FOOTBALL: Game #6 - Brown 31, Rhody 14

Unread post by Hal Kopp »

I heard the play calling and QB play stunk again?
In a non-league game ???
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Re: FOOTBALL: Game #6 - Brown 31, Rhody 14

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

We just fall apart at every position, both sides of the ball. And my god penalties hurt us. Awful team. Sorry Joe, I no longer support you.
0 x
GO RAMS