FOOTBALL: Stadium Rating -Stony Brook and others

Talk about all other Rhody teams, from Baseball to Indoor Track.
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

FOOTBALL: Stadium Rating -Stony Brook and others

Unread post by OBRAM »

Well, we don't make the list, which may be a blessing in disguise.
but Stony Brook did. http://www.stadiumjourney.com/stadiums/ ... dium-s1338
Last edited by OBRAM 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Re: Stadium Rating -Buffalo Bisons Univ.

Unread post by OBRAM »

I agree on his criticism on Buffalo Stadium and why you should not have a track around a football field.
http://www.stadiumjourney.com/stadiums/ub-stadium-s488
0 x
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Re: Stadium Rating -Montana Griz

Unread post by OBRAM »

People pack this stadium, even if it is 5 below zero in a FCS playoff game in late November or December.
http://www.stadiumjourney.com/stadiums/ ... adium-s999
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Re: FOOTBALL: Stadium Rating -Stony Brook and others

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Stony Brook spent $22 million. URI already has new stands on the RC side and could do without end zone seating. So how about raising $15 million to build new stands on the press box side, new concessions/bathrooms and a few other things. Isn't that do-able?
What did the RC cost?
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

I think you need to have one side of end zone seating or you look too high school like. You already have the RC side that looks nice and is made more impressive than it actually is by butting up against the RC. Just wrap around and fix up the other side.

The other thing that I like about end zone seating is if you are smart you can buIld an elevated concourse. UConn has this and when the game is sucking out people are there drinking beers and still enjoying themselves. This is how you get the casual fan to a football game that no one really cares about. Make it an experience. Beer plus a place to hang out and drink it. Done.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

From a student standpoint, I can tell you that there's much more potential with this football program than anyone thinks. Students WANT to go to games and having a more impressive wrapped around stadium with more access to concession instead of a pathetic tent. O yea and a team with a better record. But as rhodylaw said, its also an experience. So even if we lose its still a good time.
0 x
GO RAMS