FOOTBALL: What does Meade need?

Talk about all other Rhody teams, from Baseball to Indoor Track.
GansettSummer
Marc Upshaw

Re: What does Meade need?

Unread post by GansettSummer »

Rhody4012016 wrote:If there was a vendor closer to the home bleachers it would be more convenient than walking to the Ryan Center and leaving the stadium.
Closer to the home bleachers? When was the last football game you attended? The home bleachers are on the Ryan Center side. You can go through the lobby to get upstairs to those sections.
0 x
Rhody4012016
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Rhody4012016 »

GansettSummer wrote:
Rhody4012016 wrote:If there was a vendor closer to the home bleachers it would be more convenient than walking to the Ryan Center and leaving the stadium.
Closer to the home bleachers? When was the last football game you attended? The home bleachers are on the Ryan Center side. You can go through the lobby to get upstairs to those sections.
http://static.psbin.com/k/5/brs6jxb6zo5 ... de_Map.pdf

URI students sit on the side away from the Ryan Center behind the opposing teams bench.
0 x
Give me football or give me death
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Students are not going to be wasting beer/party money on URI football gear no matter WHERE the store is located. Those with $$ to spend are on the Ryan Center side and they have a convenient indoor path to the RamZone.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Hal Kopp
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Hal Kopp »

There used to be an outdoor stand where they actually sold items near south entrance.
Not sure they have it still? With just a little creativity,they could sell a lot more of the Rhody gear.
Again,not sure how these decisions are arrived at .
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

If there is a store under the bleachers I apologize, I just don't remember it and I went to a few games last season. Also, students and parents especially on homecoming or parent weekend have no idea about the ramzone. You have to stick the apparel in their face! People go from the game then trot up the hill towards the union.
0 x
GO RAMS
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

U. of Albany football stadium

Unread post by OBRAM »

0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

didn't even know Albany had a football program
0 x
GO RAMS
Rhody4012016
Jeff Kent

The stadium is finished and they are hosting URI for the opening game.

Considering URI has its first home game this Saturday are there any predictions on how fan turn out will be?
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Low. 3500 fans if the weather is good.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

ooo yes I forgot. whoops
0 x
GO RAMS
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Re: FOOTBALL: What does Meade need?

Walking under the big stands yesterday I was thinking of a few things that could spruce up the ugly rusty beams holding up the stands. Wouldn't it be nice to have large images of rhody football players inside the alleyway under the stands. Maybe the qb with most passing yards and the player with the most tackles. Coach with most wins. That would be great.
0 x
GO RAMS
Rhody4012016
Jeff Kent

Rhodymob similar to the players that made the Rhody grand team or URI football hall of fame?
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Rhody4012016 wrote:Rhodymob similar to the players that made the Rhody grand team or URI football hall of fame?
Yes it would be great to see them around the stadium
0 x
GO RAMS
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

A new name. They need to sell the naming rights.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Unread post by OBRAM »

URI needs NJ and NY out of state students to survive. They take their football seriously there, and expect a University to have footbal and not a joke for facilities. l. All you have to see is all the NJ and NY cars tailgating on a Football Saturday.
0 x
BIG_FISH_RI
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by BIG_FISH_RI »

GansettRam74 wrote:
rodfromcranston wrote:Excitement about a new coach?
How about a guy who won a national championship and was COY of his league and National COY?
Remember this guy?
"Tim Stowers won the 1990 I-AA National Championship (12-3) and was named AFCA Kodak National Coach of the Year. Stowers also won Georgia Southern's first ever Southern Conference Title in 1993(first year in league)and was named 1993 Southern Conference Coach of the Year"
Guess that didn't work out.

I really liked Coach Stowers. He had some success when he was here but he was strapped by the university. There was even less support then than there is now. My feeling is the fact that there is more support now(albeit little) is due to the real chance the school could drop football. Back when Coach Stowers was here, many felt then that things would turn around bc Floyd Keith was so awful and was only about bettering himself from the moment he got here. My hope is that the University will give it one last MAJOR push, give it 5-7years to try and get it respectable in the CAA/FCS(like say Maine).
People can say what they want about Floyd. But that was the last time the football program was worth ANYTHING!!!!

He got players here that NOBODY could imagine would be here. Tons of 1A talent and transfers. He had a hand full of pro players on his teams and ALL of his coachs are now major 1A coaches. So lets get the facts correct.

The only way to get this program on track is to put money into it. The football office is the exact same way I remember it from back in the early 90's. NOTHING has changed. The lockers are the same lockers that we had back in the 90's. The kids still have the same stools to sit on for crying out loud.

I'll give you a plan.

1st rent some lights and have a Saturday night game to see the students support. What could be better then seeing a game Friday night and going out to a party right after. If you get a large turn out move on to number 2.

2nd BUY LIGHTS and have Saturday night games. Cheap upgrade that shoudl have a huge result.

3rd serve beer at the game. A Saturday night game with a few beers. College students would buy the beer. Can't afford it. Alum would and that would be a huge money maker. Simple upgrades to generare huge dollars.

These are SIMPLE things that cost pennys.
Like I said if they took it serious then these things would have been done. THEY DONT so lets all just keep typing on this board.
0 x