Blue-White Game

Talk about all other Rhody teams, from Baseball to Indoor Track.
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Blue-White Game

Unread post by OBRAM »

http://www.gorhody.com/sports/m-footbl/ ... 0425fl8iwq

Blue-White Game Set for Saturday at 1 p.m.
KINGSTON, R.I. – Rhode Island's annual Blue-White football game will be held Saturday, April 27 in Meade Stadium.

Fans will get a sneak peek at the 2013 roster with the full-contact game, which begins at 1 p.m. Admission to the game is free.

The game will be played with modified rules, as the teams will play four 12-minute quarters with a 10-minute halftime. Coaches will set the ball for each possession, and quarterbacks can not be tackled. There will be no kickoffs or punting involved.

Heading into the start of spring practice, Rhode Island returns a plethora of experience. On offense, the Rams return eight starters from last season: quarterback Bob Bentsen, running back Jordan Sebastian, fullback Justin Favreau, wide receiver Robbie Jackson and offensive linemen Andrew Belizaire, Andrew Kestenbaum, Jeff Kennedy and Kevin Mustac are all back. Belizaire, Kestnebaum and Mustac all started every game, while Kennedy had eight starts at center.

Bentsen is the most accurate passer in school history, completing 58.8 percent of his career attempts (261-for-440). In 2012, he threw for 1,553 yards and seven touchdowns while also rushing for 226 yards and a team-best four touchdowns. Sebastian led the team in rushing with 291 yards, while Jackson caught 18 passes for 245 yards and one touchdown despite missing the first half of the season.

Other key returners to watch this spring on offense are tight end Andrew Siden, wide receivers Xavier Ferland and Theo Russell, running back Robbie Delgado, offensive linemen Eric Thomson and John Greenhalgh. Newcomers Rendyll Moorman (Milford Academy) and Jawaun Wynn (transfer from Rutgers) have the potential to make an immediate impact at wide receiver.

Defensively, Rhode Island has far more depth and experience than it had this time last season. Rhody returns eight of its primary starters from 2012. Defensive end James Timmins, defensive tackle Josh Moody, linebackers Andrew Bose and Connor Caponegro, defensive backs Tim Wienclaw and Andre' Scott, and cornerbacks Mackenzie Elliott and Jamaal Bess are all back.

The linebacker duo of Doug Johnson and Dave Zocco – who combined for 178 tackles and 10 sacks in 2011 – are back this season. Due to injury, Johnson played just three games in 2012 and Zocco missed the entire season. Also back is cornerback Donovan Walker, who started the first four games of the season before suffering a season-ending injury.

Rhody brings back three players with All-CAA Football credentials. Bess and Bose were both third-team picks in 2012, while Johnson earned third-team honors in 2011.

Other key returners on defense are defensive tackle P. Ekpen Iduoze, defensive linemen Greg Doutre, Mike Rinaldi and Shomari Watts, linebacker Mike Henderson, cornerbacks Tyrone Jenkins and Rodney Chance, and defensive backs Tarik Pusey, Selwyn Nicholas, Rondell Lane and David Hansen.

The 2013 season opens at Fordham. Rhode Island's first home game is Saturday, Sept. 7 against Stony Brook, a new member of CAA Football.

Following the game, fans are invited to the 5th Quarter Club will host a cookout. Cost for the cookout is $5 per person.
0 x
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Re: Blue-White Game

Unread post by RAM67 »

OB. Thought you might be interested in an article that I read in this week's Golf Week magazine. The article was about the Allen High School golf team in Woodland's Texas that has an infdoor golf practice facility under the school's new 60 MILLION football stadium. 60 Million for a High School facility. Tough to compete with what those kids have at their disposal.
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

RAM67 wrote:OB. Thought you might be interested in an article that I read in this week's Golf Week magazine. The article was about the Allen High School golf team in Woodland's Texas that has an infdoor golf practice facility under the school's new 60 MILLION football stadium. 60 Million for a High School facility. Tough to compete with what those kids have at their disposal.
Texas is on another planet when it comes to high school football. I've never experienced it myself, but I've heard that it's nothing like we've ever seen here in the Northeast. They live and breathe it down there.
0 x
Brian
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brian »

Bill Koch of South County Independent wrote a nice recap:
http://www.independentri.com/independen ... 43ebb.html
0 x
Hal Kopp
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Hal Kopp »

Man,does Rhody have a team!
Check out the first 6 games on the schedule.
0 x
Andrew
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Andrew »

Rhody Football Schedule:
8/29 @ fordham
9/7 vs stony brook
9/14 @ albany
9/21 @ william & mary
9/28 vs central ct
10/5 @ brown
10/12 @ unh
10/19 vs richmond (family day)
10/26 vs delaware (homecoming)
11/2 @ old dominion
11/9 vs villanova
11/16 @ maine
0 x
Go Rhody!
rhodyfan3
ARD

Unread post by rhodyfan3 »

Last year I looked at the schedule and thought we would win around 3 games at most. As we all know we ended up with a big goose egg in the win column. Looking at the schedule this year I see us winning 4 at most and another awful record. We were not even competitive last year, I am hoping that changes this year at least.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

I see 5 games URI will be competitive in, so you figure they win 3 of them at most.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."